Automation Manager (Automation, Cloud, Data Analyst, ITIL) - Cloud Del
Posted Jun 10
HM Revenue and Customs
Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom
This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Cloud Automation and Orchestration Manager (Automation, Manager, Data Analyst, ITIL) - Cloud Delivery Group
With 60000+ staff and 50m customers HMRC is one of the biggest organisations in the UK, running the largest digital operation in Government and one of the biggest IT estates in Europe. We have six modern, state-of-the-art digital delivery centres where multiple cross functional agile teams thrive in one of the most dynamic and innovative environments in the UK. We are expanding our Cloud Delivery Group and are recruiting into a number of posts within the Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Service in Telford.
This is an exciting opportunity to join HMRC's Cloud Delivery Group (CDG) where you will be working across one of the biggest IT estates in Europe and supporting a large scale and radical transformation that will have a profound impact for both the customers and the staff of HMRC. As part of the Development, Test and Operate (DTO) Directorate, the Cloud Development team is responsible for translating overarching IT strategy into the technical architecture for CDG. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Technical Architect to work within HMRC's Cloud domain during a time of significant change and transformation as HMRC drives the focus of IT delivery away from product centric solutions and fully exploits the opportunities that Digital Services and Data Analytics can provide. This position will play a key role in supporting Delivery Groups with the creation and execution of technology roadmaps that will drive HMRC's hugely complex IT estate towards a smaller set of strategic systems whilst decommissioning a large proportion of the legacy.
Role Requirements for the Cloud Automation and Orchestration Manager (Automation, Manager, Data Analyst, ITIL) role
• The Cloud Automation and Orchestration team are responsible for developing and continually evolving a cloud brokerage framework enabling cloud offerings to be easily available and consumed by other teams within the IT department.
• The Cloud Automation and Orchestration team will also be responsible for developing Enterprise architecture templates (archetypes) via the Cloud Brokering platform to enable the standardisation of infrastructure design across HMRC.
We are therefore looking for a seasoned Lead Technical Manager with a hands on background in Hosting and Cloud technology. Candidates should have experience working on large enterprise estates designing and implementing Cloud automation tooling and processes as well as designing and developing templated Cloud environments.
This is a dynamic and changing environment and so we're looking for someone who's up for working in an ever changing technology landscape that is centred on Cloud.
Accountabilities of the Cloud Automation and Orchestration Manager (Automation, Manager, Data Analyst, ITIL):
• Managing a team, a IT specialist
• Manage the teams' personal development and training.
• Lead the development of new Cloud Brokering capabilities as defined by Product Owner.
• Manage the development and delivery of hosting templates archetypes (creation improvement and de-commission) using automation tooling such as Ansible and terraform.
• Ensure the suitable technical resources are available to deliver the automation of archetypes.
• Ensure the development of archetypes that deliver value for money.
• Ensure archetypes and associated assets conform to HMRC technical standards.
• Identify opportunities for continual optimisation of archetypes and make recommendations to the Product Owner.
Tasks of the Cloud Automation and Orchestration Manager (Automation, Manager, Data Analyst, ITIL):
• Lead the continual professional development of your team.
• Lead regular reviews of personnel performance.
• Lead continual service improvement in your area.
• Conduct knowledge transfer and mentoring of CDG staff.
• Ensure collaboration between Automation and Orchestration in delivery of Cloud archetypes.
• Maintain knowledge of the underpinning product and tooling roadmaps.
• Lead on the design and development of archetypes.
• Prioritise workload for archetype delivery.
• Lead on the compliance of HMRC technical and security standards within your area.
• Work closely with Cloud Broker Product Owner to ensure development activities are aligned with Cloud Broker operations and that new developments are transitioned appropriately.
• Engage in personal development to maintain and enhance knowledge.
• Deputise for Head of Cloud Development as required.
Essential Criteria for the Cloud Automation and Orchestration Manager (Automation, Manager, Data Analyst, ITIL)
You will need to demonstrate within your application the following essential experience -
• Working knowledge of Public Cloud offerings (AWS, Azure etc.) and building enterprise environments on them.
• Working knowledge of the following tools: Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, and Terraform.
• A good understanding or working knowledge of Container technologies such as Docker
• A good understanding or working knowledge of Cloud Brokering technology and tools.
• Demonstrate an ability to communicate across IT disciplines to get the best solution and ensure nothing gets overlooked that could jeopardise performance or the integrity of the existing IT estate.
• Proven experience in developing Technical Capability within an organisation. Including empowering, supporting and developing staff to achieve the highest performance standards.
• Able to work effectively in pressurised situations and can be relied upon to deliver, irrespective of circumstances.
• Able to work in highly ambiguous situations and without supervision
• The successful applicant for this role will need to be eligible for and willing to undergo SC clearance following appointment in to the post.
Desirable Experience for the Cloud Automation and Orchestration Manager (Automation, Manager, Data Analyst, ITIL) role
• Experience of working in an agile environment and experience with agile methodologies such as TDD, Scrum, Kanban.
• Experience or awareness of ITIL ways of working
Key leadership behaviours of the Cloud Automation and Orchestration Manager (Automation, Manager, Data Analyst, ITIL):
• Changing and Improving
• Leading and Communicating
• Delivering at Pace
• Delivering Value for Money
To apply for the role of Cloud Automation and Orchestration Manager (Automation, Manager, Data Analyst, ITIL), please click the 'apply now button'.
Employment Type: Permanent
Pay: 58,187 to 64,312 GBP (British Pound)
Pay Period: Annual
Other Pay Info: £58,187 - £64,312