*Hours are 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm CST Monday thru Friday*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Security Operations Analyst for the SOC. This Level 1 Analyst is responsible for monitoring multiple security technologies using the ArcSight Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool to detect IT security incidents. Candidate will follow detailed operational process and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Monitor multiple security technologies, such as IDS/IPS, syslog, file integrity, vulnerability scanners.
- Correlate and analyze events using the ArcSight Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool to detect IT security incidents.
- Follow detailed operational process and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Provide 24x7 operational support for escalations on a rotating basis.
- 1-3 years of information security related experience, in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, and vulnerability management or testing, system patching, log analysis, intrusion detection, or Firewall administration.
- Network operations or engineering
- System administration on Unix, Linux, or Windows.
- Moderate to Advanced event analysis leveraging SIEM tools (ArcSight preferred)
- Moderate incident investigation and response skill set
- Moderate log parsing and analysis skill set
- Moderate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc)
- Moderate knowledge of malware operation and indicators
- Moderate knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc) Moderate knowledge or IDS/IPS systems
- Moderate knowledge of Windows and Unix or Linux
- Moderate knowledge of Firewall and Proxy technology
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Pay: $65,000 to $95,000 USD
Pay Period: Annual
Other Pay Info: Shift Bonus
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Business Analyst Learnings